We get many questions about what we do and how it is done. The most asked question is, "What is our next step?" This is a great question for any homeowner to ask, and we hope this will help answer that question. This is our typical process from beginning to end.
1) The initial contact to the professional architects at Flint Architects.
2) A free consultation and setup a meeting either at our office or at your residence.
3) A break down proposal will be created for you.
3) A last meeting to go over any final questions we may have, or you as the homeowner.
a) This also includes us showing you what makes our firm so unique and different from any other firm.
b) We will show you previous projects that are similar to what you are looking for as an example of what you will be able to look forward to.
4) Once all questions are asked and answered the signing of the contract.
5) The professional team at Flint Architects will then come take existing photos, as well as measurements of the home/property/establishment.
6) With the Plat of Survey (from the owner) we will start the design development stage.
7) We will create the most optimal space planning of your dream plan. (Optional, we can do more than one concept)
8) A follow up meeting is made to go over the 3D model and plans. (THIS IS THE TIME TO MAKE ANY DESING CHANGES)
9) Once a design is met we can bring the preliminary drawings (not the Construction Documents) to a contractor for a ballpark price. This will help you decide if you want to build bigger or smaller due to price.
10) Once an agreement is made, we will then start the detailed Construction Documents. (CDs)
11) When these are done, they will be printed in our in house plotter, and set out to the village for approval.
12) When approved, the bidding and permitting process can start.
13) We have recommended General Contractors (GC) that we can bid to, but if you have a GC that wants to be a part of the bidding process that is great as well!
14) Once you the owner accepts a bid, and you have permit ground breaking can occur.
15) During the process of construction the team at Flint Architects can go through with construction administration.
16) The last and final step is you the owner to enjoy your new home/addition or commercial establishment!